Sunday, September 28, 2008

Greatest Covers - Week 2


This is a weekly post chronicling the greatest covers in the annals of comic history. In a medium that demands creativity and imagination, these are the cream of the crop, displaying a level of originality, daring and draftsmanship that truly set them apart. Send me images or links to anything that you think would make the cut. And here we go...

Pardon the lateness of this post. This week's cover comes courtesy of Fawcett with Captain Marvel Jr. #13. "Capt. Marvel Jr. carries the ball for democracy!" Indeed. Junior puts it to the Axis on the gridiron just like the Jets are doing to my beloved Cardinals as I type this. Hitler has been a victim of many things on wartime comic covers, but I believe this was the only time he was ever stiff-armed on the way to a touchdown. Unfortunately, I don't have any artist information on this one. If you know who it is, drop me a note.

No comments: