Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In the Wake of Comicon


I just wrapped up my first Phoenix Comicon as a guest and I had the time of my life! I sketched my butt off for 4 days and loved every minute of it. Thanks to everyone who bought a sketch and a book and who just stopped by to chat. And a huge debt of gratitude to Christian and Rianna Vilaire for concocting a killer con plan and letting me tag along.
I caught up with many friends and made some new ones. Here's a big shout out to all the fine artists at the show - Ben Glendenning, Ryan Cody, Tony Parker, Jenn Lee, Bryce Lee, Junior Bruce, Tim Seeley, Travis Hansen, Dan Flahive, Jim Hanna, Daniel Davis, TC Krantz, Gareth Hyde and Jeff Aden! I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, so drop me a line and remind me. And how could I not thank the convention organizers and volunteers, who made each of us feel like a superstar. Thanks, guys! Especially Brandy and Ashley.

I've already procured my table for next year, so I'll see you then!